Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Balancing Family and Fashion: Mikaela Lagdameo-Martinez

Mabuhay!

On moments when I feel that I can't seem to balance family and fashion, I think of Mikaela Lagdameo-Martinez.

I first met Mika years ago when she was still an upcoming model. She was kyoot, versatile, and professional. Since then, I have followed her career from being a model (she's part of the "Greenwich Barkada"), becoming a mom, to blossoming into a businesswoman... And now a money broker. She is only in her mid-20's, mind you. Wow, right?

She is one of the busiest people I know! What's even more amazing is her ability to balance her time among her family, friends (and sometimes that includes me at the club) and work, yet still manage to look fabulous all the time! Fine. Let's say she has youth on her side, but you can't deny the fact that she has achieved so much at such a young age. Ikaw na, girl!

Thanks, Mika for squeezing this shoot into your schedule! Haha!

Mikaela Lagdameo-Martinez


Mika's style = Crisp shirt + Tailored pant + Designer bag + High heels + Classic jewelry + Light makeup + Well-groomed hair

What are you busy with?
Wife and mother of two. Entrepreneur, Gourmet Pao owner, Model/Co-owner/Manager  of Elan Models International, Associate Editor Luxe Magazine, Vice President PMAP, and the latest, my day job... a licensed Money Broker.

If you had an extra hour each day how would you spend it?
Spend it with my husband and kids :)

How do you balance family and fashion?
Family is and always has been my priority. I know it seems like I've got a lot on my plate- but it is quite manageable. And I still get to spend time with my kids everyday! :) Like I say, it's always about time management. And I'm totally stress-free.

Some people have this idea that life "ends" once you're married and start having kids, but for me, it didn't work that way. Life practically started after -- it blossomed and inspired me all the more.
Not to mention, dressing better too- I remember I used to dress up according to what I'd see on top of my closet, but now it's more put-together.

What's your 9 to 5 and after 5 must-haves?
I always have my Blackberry. My credit cards/wallet/checkbook. Mint. Alcogel. Perfume. Planner. Laptop. Company ID. Calling cards. Heels.

After 5: Home with my husband and kids- books, toys and playtime! I enjoy home service massages and watching DVD's.

What's in your beauty kit?
For everyday, a tweezer, moisturizer, concealer, blush, and lipbalm.

My entire kit at home has got everything -- palettes of eye shadow, blush, bronzers, foundation, all shades of lipstick- the works! I love makeup!

Where do you shop and what are your favorite brands?
In Manila, I love Loalde, Armani, Mango, Zara, Topshop for basics. I go to Rustan's and Bazaars for miscellaneous things.
Abroad, I buy H&M, Cotton On, American Apparel, BCBG, Herve Leger, Pedder.

For jumpsuits, dresses and gowns: Charina Sarte, Martin Bautista, House of Laurel, Veejay Floresca, Religioso, Rosanna Ocampo, Mich Araullo, Hindy Tantoco
Swimsuits: Nothing But Water / Swim
Shoes: Adora, Michael Kors, Stella Luna, Miu Miu, Marni, Christian Louboutin
Bags: Rocio, Chanel, Balenciaga, McQueen, and Hermès (still dreaming about the latter)

What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
"I will always give my opinion and play devil's advocate- because I want you to weigh things out and decide for yourself- but once you make that decision, whatever it is- I'll back you up 101%." My husband.


Shoppingera, what have you been busy with lately?

3 comments:

MommyBa said...

Her accomplishments are admirable and I love her GourmetPao. And I follow her on Twitter too. It's nice to know how kikay she is and some trivial things about her. Thank you for writing about her.

kumiko mae said...

I have been such a huge fan of Mikaela to ever since she started out. And I'm really amazed by her achievements in all her endeavors just the same. Tipong, ok. Peg: Mikaela! :D We're just the same age so it's really great that she's out there, doing her thing, and is becoming such a great role model just the same :)

Anonymous said...

ms jennie, please po explain further the money broker? I think its a borrower/lender thing. Is it the same with Mikaela's? I'm interested kzi bka pedeng gawing part time job. God bless

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...