Friday, March 25, 2011

The Company I Keep

Mabuhay!

I live a "double" life: online and offline. Both are important to me and I invest as much time, love, and passion as I can.

To nurture both, I live by this mantra: "The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best." Epictetus

That being said, I have my family and friends who motivate me everyday; and I also have my favorite blogs/websites that inspire me:

GOOP

Academy Award-winner Gwyneth Paltrow's lifestyle website, GOOP proves that one can have "everything" (God is that good.) Aside from being a successful actress, she is married to a rock star, has two beautiful kids, can cook, concoct a mean cocktail, and has a fit body to boot! She's also friends with rock star chefs Mario Batalli and Jamie Oliver!

Goop.com
“My life is good because I am not passive about it, I want to nourish what is real, and I want to do it without wasting time. I love to travel, to cook, to eat, to take care of my body and mind, to work hard. I love being a mother who has to overcome my bad qualities to be a good mother. I love being in spaces that are clean and nice.” Gwyneth Paltrow
Mario Batalli's Pasta Vongole
Jamie Oliver's Classic Tomato Spaghetti

My vibe, my life

I am really attracted to "rock star" women — moms who balances family and fashion. The ones that are "spicy" than sweet. Cool yet caring at the same time.

Interior goddess,  Kelly Wearstler is someone I adore. Her new website, My Life, My Vibe showcases her style, design aesthetics, and her cool family.

myvibemylife.com
Cool mom Kelly with her two sons. So kyoot!
I am obsess with black and white stripes! I've been forever searching the perfect striped black and white bag! Can anyone tell me what Kelly's bag is?
Again, black and white is love!
So you think you have a lot of Rimowas? Laban? I love Kelly's over the top style!

The Coveteur

Thank God someone finally put up a website that showcases the homes and style of fashion editors and other stylephiles! Great source of inspiration for interiors and aspirational attires!

The Coveteur is addicting! I can't get enough of it!



thecoveteur.com


1st Dibs

I love 1st Dibs simply because "The most beautiful things on Earth" are there:

1stdibs.com





Shoppingero/shoppingera, what blogs/websites inspire you? Please share.


6 comments:

Inez said...

I love gwyneth! i love her blog too!

to uplift and inspire me, aside from goop, some of the blogs i follow: dellorusso, the sartorialist, lebovitz and traveljunkiejulia :)

Mom-Friday said...

I also follow GOOP! It really is a beautiful blog site.
Thanks for sharing your favorites!
Check out this NY-based site, Planetawesomekid.com for kiddie street-style fashion. Kyoot! You'll be inspired for baby D! :)

Unknown said...

one of your blog inspire me. So far right now, I anticipate the blog of Mr. John Maxwell and Janet Hsieh. :)

teritee said...

i also love Goop. i like Chic Intuition & Daryl Chang's Stylesamurai because i love anything fierce like her :) and the mommy & interior designer (my profession) side of me likes Atlantis Home, Judy ALdridge's site, mom of Jane Aldridge. i am a fan of kelli wearstler as well & now i can follow her, thanks to you.♥

teritee said...

oh and i forgot Fashionista Fortune Cookie. i love Lloyda's not too pricey affordable chic-ness :)

Anjee said...

Hi Jenni. Your blog is really nice. I've been reading it since last year. Your features and especially your recipes are interesting. As a mom, I really appreciate reading those types of articles. As for other blogs that I always read, I always check out blondesalad.com, shopbop, and the popular ones like sartorialist and sea of shoes. I hope you can also feature shopping tips for moms like me who like stylish, but not so expensive stuff. More power to you and God Bless you always.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...