Sunday, March 13, 2011

Healthy Eats: Sesame Green Beans with Chili

Mabuhay!

Like what I wrote before, when it comes to cooking, my mantra is: Keep it simple and healthy.

I find that some of the most delicious dishes I make are the simplest to cook!

If you don't like vegetables, trust me, you'll like this:

Sesame Green Beans with Chili


Ratings:

Level of easiness: 5
Taste: 5
Impress the guest factor: 4

Watchunid:

2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
2 cloves garlic or 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tbsp. tamari sauce or low-sodium soy sauce (for color)
Himalayan pink salt
Pepper
1 tbsp. sesame oil

1 bundle green beans
1 Chili
 1/2 Onion, sliced

Easy peasy:

Step 1: Sauté onion and garlic (if you're using fresh garlic)
Step 2: Add string beans, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (if you're using garlic powder), salt, 1/4 tsp. tamari sauce, and pepper
Step 3: Add the chopped chili
Step 4: Once the veggies are cooked, turn off the heat and then drizzle 1 tbsp. of sesame oil
Step 5: Serve with a smile! :D


Shoppingero/shoppingera, what's your favorite vegetable?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite vegetables! :) And I think I'm gonna make this for dinner hehe!

I'm Razielle, I love hopia. said...

You can also add carrots to this dish :)

iamjillyace said...

now i want to eat veggies!! nice photography, looks so yummy! :)

munchersandnibblers said...

hi miss Jenni! I just want to say that I love every Healthy Eats posts of yours :D I must/have to try each of your recipes so I can begin living a healthy lifestyle. OK, maybe a strip of bacon once or twice in a week won't hurt hehe..

Anonymous said...

try it with century tuna bicol express! chop green beans into small bits (like gising gising). saute garlic and onions and century tuna bicol express, add green beans. simmer.

it's really good! and like gising gising bec of the gata.

for your meatless fridays :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...