Monday, January 3, 2011

Balancing family and fashion: Agoo Bengzon

Mabuhay!

I know a lot of stylish women. In the industry I work in, they are the norm. But more than the fashionable "It" girls, I am in awe of moms who can balance career, family, and be stylish at the same time. Being a mom and entrepreneur myself, I know that it takes a great deal of a balancing act to run a business, household, and rushing around the metro in high heels.

One mom who always looks impeccably chic is my friend Agoo Bengzon. She is the mother of two boys (Lo, 9 years old and Dre, 3) and a loving wife to Andy. She is also now the Beauty Director of Summit Publishing Group. Congrats, mads!

I bumped into Agoo and her family at the park yesterday and I couldn't resit taking photos of her. I didn't have a camera with me so I ended up using the camera of my BlackBerry which was set in the lowest resolution. Ugh. Anyway, I did some tweaking and added grainy effects on the photo to enhance the pictures — when grainy, add more grain! Haha!


Agoo's look = Oversize white shirt + Sheer leggings + Wedge + Piled-on necklaces + Painted nails + Well-groomed hair

Sharing is caring:

Me: How do you balance family and fashion?
Agoo: Going to the park or hitting the mall with my boys means a lot of walking and bending over so when I know it's going to be a non-stop day, I tend to rely a lot on maxi dresses because they're comfy, long enough to cover my legs so that I never have to feel overly conscious about revealing too much, and still stylish enough to not make me look like a Mom who has "let go." For shoes, I'm not much of a flats person so I'll choose a platform wedge over stilettos since they're much easier to walk in (and won't sink into the grass)! :-)

Me: Where do you shop?
Agoo: Zara, Topshop, Forever 21, Adora, Rustan's, Mango, Firma, AC+632, Tint, Carbon are some of the shops I like to frequent. I like to shop online too!

Me: What are your top 5 beauty essentials?
Agoo:
1. La Mer The Moisturizer
2. Lancome UV Expert
3. La Mer The Eye Concentrate
4. L'Oréal Brow Stylist in Light Brown
5. Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Champagne

Me: Could you share with my readers the top 3 beauty trends for 2011?
Agoo:
1. Gold metallics everywhere — lids, lips, lashes and nails!
2. Statement lips — whether in neon orange or deep burgundy plus lots of high glass shine.
3. For hair, it's red for color, short for cut, and a sleek ponytail for style

That's all folks!

Shoppingera, what else would you like to know from stylish moms who balance family and fashion? Write your questions on the comments box.



3 comments:

The Shady Chronicles of P and D said...

Her shoes are so nice! Cheers to all the chic moms out there (including you, of course)!

Dani
theshadychronicles.blogspot.com

Marissa said...

I don't know how she'd even be able to carry her 3 year old in wedges. But perhaps she's in flats when she does?

Belle said...

I loved the work of Agoo. And admire her style too. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...