Thursday, January 20, 2011

Trend report: Go wide!

Mabuhay!

The pre-fall collection is really one of my favorites! The clothes are wearable for Manila weather compared to the fall-winter collection yet as fierce!

Look what the runway gods have gifted women of all shapes and sizes:

Wide-leg pants! They are the most flattering trousers silhouette known to womankind

Louis Vuitton
I love the belted bell-sleeved jacket and wide-leg combo! Great look for the office.
Givenchy
I adore the bomber jacket paired with the wide trousers on model Saskia de Brauw!
Emilio Pucci
You gotta love the classics! Blazer + Wide trousers + Shoulder bag = 9 to 5, and after 5 looks
Derek Lam
This is by far my favorite look! Flared pants + Peacoat + Wide-brimmed hat = That 70's thing!
While having High Tea with Tom last Monday at the Pen, we bumped into our beautiful friend Sasha Haman who is wearing this season's wide-leg jeans and ballerina flats! Isn't she fabulous? I love her style!


Shoppingera, are you ready to trade-in your skinny jeans for wide-leg pants?


Source

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love wide-leg pants, but being short I feel engulfed unless I pair them with platforms.

Your friend looks great with her wide-leg pants and flats. I am hesitant to commit to wearing more wide-leg pants unless I know I can pull them off with more "comfortable" footwear.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Jenni Epperson said...

Choose slightly flared pants as suppose to wide-leg trousers. You can wear them with flats or look for wedges with only 2-in platforms.

Mai said...

I would love to try on those fab get-ups, but I'm quite hesitant. I am petite and I'm worried I might look smaller if I wear wide-leg pants. What dyo think, Ms. Jen?

enna said...

I am relieved it's back! Compared to the skinny jeans, it suits more body types. It's my 'comfort pair' when I feel bloated for tight jeans. =) I never thought I could pair it up with a loose top but thanks to your top picture, I knew how to pull it off!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...