Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Shoebsession: Twinkle toes

Mabuhay!

It's been quite a ride for flip-flops, rubber thongs, and jelly slippers these past few years. God knows I've written about them countless times and used them in some of my fashion editorials in my column in Philippine Daily Inquirer. I practically used to live in them too! In my opinion, they were the epitome of beach chic.

These days, you'd be hard pressed to see me out in rubber flip flops. For some reason, they've lost their appeal to me (OK, I take it back. I still love my black Havaianas.) Maybe because I rarely go to the beach now. Oh well...

I think I've found a new shoebsession...
Ballerina flats



YSL = LOVE
I have to thank my friend Ange Dela Cruz of The Sweet Life by Ange for the heads up on these kyoot Prada Bow Ballet flats. She literally "squealed" when she saw them! I would too, Ange!
The Prada Bow Ballet flats is now on sale at Neiman Marcus.
The Tarte Tatin ballet flats are my new house slippers. They are the most comfortable flats I own! The soles are super thin so I don't recommend them for outdoor use. Although, I've worn them a few times to the mall.
Tarte Tatin's designer Mandy Dela Rama-Santos must have read my mind because these chic flats are made for lounging.

Dear Mandy,

Please produce more colors of these flats.
I suggest dark brown, nude, navy blue, red, and white colors. I will hoard them!
Thank you.


Shoppingero/shoppingera, what kind of footwear are you most comfortable in?


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! i love the prada flats!

st said...

whoaaaa! You got me at Ballerina...hehehe. YSL flats please!!! ahihi

Marissa said...

I love ballerina shoes. I don't think I can last long on heels anymore.

KT Nielsen said...

I adore the Prada bow ballerina flats. I like it in red. TDF! :-)

Unknown said...

love the tandem of flats and bows!

Pretty Gorgeous said...

Wow! its really pretty:) i want both hihi :)

Unknown said...

i love them too, i found this online store that sells what they call them "take away shoes" you get them rolled up in a very small box. the sole is super thin also so its kinda disposable for me, comes in lot of colors.
http://stepsisters.multiply.com/photos/album/62#photo=1

Jackie Canuto said...

wow i so love flats! as i've mentioned on my first ever comment (on your Apples Aberin post) that im not a fan of high heels. I'm most comfortable wearing flats.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...