Saturday, January 1, 2011

"Groundbreaking"

Mabuhay!

Miranda Priestly: "Florals? For Spring? Groundbreaking."
Jaded person: "New resolutions? For the New Year..."
Me: "Yes! New resolutions for the New Year is groundbreaking. "

New Year's resolutions give us the chance to reflect on the changes we need to make in our lives. It's also an opportunity to list down our goals, make a plan on how to achieve them, and put it out where everyone can see it. Like, let's say, oh, I don't know... A blog? Haha!
At the end of the day, I'm just looking forward to making 2011 a better year!

Because sharing is caring, here are my "groundbreaking" New Year's resolutions:

1. No more ratty T-shirts and pyjamas as house clothes.
Busted! Yes, I sometimes wear pyjamas at home the whole day. Notice too that this is on top of my list. Because I have yet to find decent pambahay in my closet.
2. To live my life as if I were in the old movies (sans the drama.)
I love watching the classics. In fact, I've spent a fair bit ordering original Criterion copies of Classic DVDs in Amazon.com (Plus, shipping to Manila is no joke!) just to get lost in Bette Davis', Joan Crawford's, Audrey Hepburn's, Grace Kelly's, Rita Hayworth's, Marilyn Monroe's, Lauren Becall's, and other old Hollywood goddesses' glamorous lives!
This time, I will summon (complete with glittering spiral tornado and both hands in the air in V-formation) the glamorous housewife in me! I will come home to a spic and span living room (We are currently living in boxes, anticipating "the big move"), with chic furniture, and the smell of homemade cookies.

Alice Blue soy wax based candle in Banana Nut Bread makes our home smell like freshly baked goodies sans the calories! Even our "roosters" can't resist the scent!

3. Fitness is king in 2011. Exercise is the new black for me.
4. Get a haircut regularly. This is strictly enforced by Henri Calayag *holding a pair of sharp scissors*.
5. Spend more time blogging and less time browsing through Amazon.com's Classic DVD section.
6. Eat healthier. Include quinoa (keen-wa) (Sounds like a rice cooker brand? It's one of the best grains one can eat. It's better than rice.) and more fruits in my diet.

Quinoa was the staple of the Incas and means "the mother of grain". It's high in iron and a good source of fiber. Available at Healthy Options, Santi's Deli, and other health food stores.





















7. Read unopened magazines and books, or else the magazine/book police (read: my husband) will bury me in them.
8. Spend more time outdoors with the family and less time hanging out in the malls.

I wish there were more public parks in Makati. I'm glad though for the new Ayala Triangle Gardens. I've spent a lot of mornings there with my family over the holidays. We biked, jogged, played frisbee, and let baby Dylan roll on the grass. Good times.

9. Learn something new.
10. I will stop sending instant messages and be on the phone at the same time with some of my friends (you know who you are... Lounell!)

Here's wishing all of you a prosperous New Year!


Shoppingero/shoppingera, what would you change about yourself to make 2011 the best year yet?



6 comments:

mitch_casas said...

To have more time for others family/friends. :)

Maureen Manuel said...

To be able to live my dreams :) One of the highlights of my 2010, was meeting you, ms.jenni :)

Jennifer said...

spend more time with friends and love ones..plus new get up for the year 2011..most, to have savings!

Mom-Friday said...

less time on the computer so more time for family and other things, hahaha! :)))
Happy NEw year and welcome to Blogger...though I am wishing i have a sleek Wordpress template, hehe ;p

Pretty Gorgeous said...

Happy New Year to you and your family and welcome to blogger :)

xoxo
http://prettygorgeous168.blogspot.com/

Nina Estacio said...

HAHA! oh my gosh! i remember you telling me about resolution #1! so funny! time to shop for glamorous house clothes! wee ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...