Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mood board

Mabuhay!

I'm done de-cluttering my closet, now what should I do? It's time to find inspirations and create a mood board!

After cleaning out my closet, I've unearthed a couple of structured bags (and other wonderful fashion treasures) that I'm excited to use! I also realized that I have amassed quite a number of black blazers, booties, and leatherette pants! I know what you're thinking, "How do you create a summer wardrobe with winter clothes reusing what you already have?"

Thanks to Alexander Wang and Proenza Schouler's Pre-Fall collection, I have a plan:

Alexander Wang:
 Pair black jackets/blazers/vests with sheer tops and add peep-toe or slingback booties

 Pair leather jackets/vests with khaki shorts or black Bermuda shorts with oversize cotton shirt. No tights!

 Wear black trousers with sleeveless knit top and boyfriend's jeans with strappy sandals 

Colorful dress with booties

Proenza Schouler:
 Black blazer with printed pants or with black shorts

 Shorts with colorful blazer or black blazer with printed shorts

 Colorful separates with booties 


There you go ladies, gentlemen, and gheys — my sumasummer attire!

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I'm more of a "winter" dresser than a "summer" outfitera. That's the case because I rarely go to the beach these days. Being a stylist, my work evolves around the studio, mall, and my car; which are all air-conditioned. The only time I'm outdoors is when I shoot on location, and even then, I wear long sleeved shirts to protect my skin and boots to protect my legs.

Excuse me while I go shop for some more new printed pants, shorts, and oversize cotton shirts... What? It's all about balance, right? You reuse some, you buy some. Haha!


Shoppingero/shoppingera, what pieces of "winter" clothing/accessories would you still like to wear this summer?


Source

3 comments:

Unknown said...

nice!

I love the sheer dress shirt on wang's collection! I think you're gonna look awesome in it as well!

Camy said...

Scarves.

i know what other people may be thinking: "scarves in summer?! ridiculous!" But my office can be an igloo, and i get cold easily. So i would wrap scarves around my neck to protect me from the artificial chill.

But once I am outside under the sweltering heat, it turns into a turban/headband when I want to control the mess that is called my hair or when I wanted to look extra chic.

It also becomes an impromptu shade when needed, rain or shine.

Anonymous said...

love this! its my first time to experience winter and i dont know how to mix and match my winter clothes. Especially i dont have a fashion sense, just contented with a pair of jeans and shirts/blouses. Also its not required to dressed up in my field of work as domestic helper. Thank you so much, such creative mind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...