Sunday, January 2, 2011

New: Pinoy breakfast joint

Mabuhay!

So, I've been spending a lot of time these days at the park. Sometimes, I bring the whole family with me and we try to get as much activities as our post-holiday battered bodies will allow.

Meet our new friends, (from left) Gem and Spunky. So cute!

Playing at the park is fun.
Tiring.
Makes me eat like a cow.
Eat a cow.
Yes! I want beef.
I smell meat...

BFast is Chef Laudico's new all day Pinoy fusion breakfast joint.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
Pork tocino
Angusino
Peppered to perfection!
Tapangus
Chicken tocino
The tomato salsa was my favorite sidings. The taste was refreshing and the texture adds a bit of crunch to every bite!
My husband likes American-style breakfast hence, the side orders. His comment: "I wish they served the bacon hot and crispy." I have to agree, the bacon was served cold and quite chewy *thumbs down*. I hope they can improve on this.
BFast's cup of Joe uses local coffee beans. Thumbs up!
Chef Laudico uses Filipino-made products for his resto. Pinoy pride rocks!

I recommend the Angusino and Tapangus. Both dishes are savory, juicy, and have generous portions, but not as generous as the rice they serve — "construction worker" portions! No one at our table could finish it. Although, the rice was perfectly cooked — light and fluffy!
I have yet to try one of their desserts. The Suman Panacotta sounds interesting. Next time.

Tip: Ordering at BFast is cafeteria style. You order at the cashier and the bus boys (not waiters) deliver the food and clear out the tables. It's self-service so I don't suggest asking too much help from them. Don't forget to leave a tip. The BFast staff are accommodating anyway.

Bravo, chef!

Personally, I don't like eating on plastic plates. I find that it cheapens the whole dining experience, but this is one time I'm going to let it slide as they use Preserve eco-friendly plates and tumblers. According to one of the staff, the recyclable dinnerware are cleaned using a dishwasher. He explained that the steam from the dishwasher and the use of eco-friendly cleaning solutions get rid of the grime and smell that's usually associated with plastic dinnerware.

BFast Café #3, Restaurant @ Ayala Triangle Gardens, Ayala Triangle, Ayala Ave., Makati City
Opens at 7 am to 11 pm
Tel. no. 621.6100
Mobile nos. 0916.2605328/0917.5436553
Email mjmm_ck@yahoo.com.ph


Shoppingero/shoppingera, what is your favorite "silog" (tocilog. longsilog, tapsilog, etc.) and from where?



9 comments:

Unknown said...

LeKaSiLog in Taps Davao!

Their Lechon Kawali is soooo good! Tapa is their specialty, but I like my pork best. :)) You must visit Taps when you go to Davao! ^^

mojacko said...

hi jenni! it's me albert! will try this someday! but i do wonder if it's a wise idea to use plastic saucers even for the vinegar sawsawan...baka mag-corrode yun dahil sa acidic content ng suka...

Jenni Epperson said...

Hi 'mojacko'!

The vinegar came in a ceramic condiment bowl. Not plastic.

Try it and let me know how you like it.

Thanks!

Lady E said...

I wish they used the original Sukang Pinakurat from Iligan.

Mom-Friday said...

First time there last Dec.30 and i wished we ordered the Tapangus with rice instead of Pandesal. Though the tapa was flavorful, half of the piece was chewy / "malitid" part. The sweet potato hash siding was not crispy at all / "makunat" na, and pandesal was not soft. So it seemed like we were served an old batch :( Maybe wrong timing at 6pm? Considering we were the only customers that night aside from a couple, they served our meal without utensils, we had to ask for it. We dined outside. Also asked for extra plates and one had a spot of what looks like brown sauce. Didn't get to complain na coz I was busy feeding kids.
Sorry for the lengthy comment Jenni, FYI lang, but will still give this joint a chance :)

Jenni Epperson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenni Epperson said...

Thank you, Mom-Friday! Chef Laudico read my blog the first time I posted it and texted me that he appreciated my genuine concern about improving his joint. I hope he reads this again.

Everyone appreciates constructive criticisms.

Belle said...

Looks like the Ayala Triangle Gardens is THE place to eat! Can't wait to try this place. Thanks for telling us all about it!

rizaballs said...

was re-reading your posts re: ayala triangle gardens and saw this post. just noticed that the poster with the flag design (last photo) should also be revised. left side should be color blue when flag is in vertical position. thanks. (rizaballs) :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...