Friday, January 7, 2011

Walk, walk fashion baby, work it!

Mabuhay!

Who here did not overeat during the holidays? Please raise your legs.
*cricket, cricket*
I thought so.

Well, there's no point crying over spilled milk. Speaking of milk, is anyone here still eating leftover cookies and milk from the holidays? Put. The. Cookie. Down. That means you, hun!

New Year, new mindset — a stronger mindset.
Pick up the dumbbells (or filled-up water bottles) and do a few reps at home or inside your office cubicle. You can also jog/power walk around the park. Both are free and great ways to get fit and healthy.

Remember: Bawal ang tatamad-tamad!

I'd like to share with you some of the exercises I've been doing. They are easy, inexpensive, and effective ways to get in shape:
 


My version of the Stairmasters is climbing 40-50 flights of stairs in my condo. My goal is to climb 100 floors! Great cardio workout — it's free and private.
I learned that the fastest way to burn fat is to build muscles. I lift a pair of 5-pound dumbbells and do several arms and legs exercises. You can use filled-up water bottles if you don't have dumbbells.

Find a workout that you enjoy. I like TRX suspension training. OK, TRX is not free but it's one exercise you can invest in. Contact Reema Chanco to find out about her rates. I personally got a packaged rate.

I'm so happy I met my TRX trainer Reema Chanco. The first time she offered me a free trial, I was hooked! Despite the TV/youtube commercials of Navy Seals and other bulky men using the TRX suspension straps, it actually doesn't bulk you up because you use your body weight as weights.


As some of you may already know, there are no short cuts to losing weight and being healthy. My suggestion is to focus on eating/cooking healthy meals and find a workout that you enjoy rather than losing weight. Exercise with your loved ones or friends for at least 30 minutes a day. I find that walking/jogging with the family around the park doesn't only build cardio but a healthy relationship as well.

Set realistic goals for yourself. I gave myself one year to lose my post-pregnancy weight. I did it! I set a new goal for myself this year — a bikini body for summer!

Admittedly, living healthy can sometimes be a bit expensive. The way I see it, some of us spend a lot on shoes and bags (aminin!), this year, let's invest more in our bodies. Eating healthy and going to the gym may put a dent on your budget but always remember that health is wealth. If you can afford to buy new shoes/bags, you can afford to buy a gym membership or pay a trainer and shop for healthy food.

This is my mantra in achieving a healthy, fit body: Visualize (cue music: "Walk, walk fashion baby, work it..."), materialize (clothes fit nicely on a fit body), mesmerize (bikini bodyyy!) 


Shoppingero/shoppingera, what steps are you taking to achieve a healthy body?


3 comments:

kassy said...

Thanks to Reema, I got myself certified as well! :) if you've got friends from down south - Holla! :)

Kassy
justkas.wordpress.com

Nu ABO said...

every morning, I usually do running in our local park. O rwhile cleaning, I play my English and Kpop dance songs and dance my butt away..hehehe.. Im planning to join a marathon soon..:)

Rica said...

beautiful shot of your staircase! parang inspiring to work out nga. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...