Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Healthy eats: Crispy tofu and veggies in soy ginger sauce

Mabuhay!

As some of you may know, I love truffle oil but my cooking skills go beyond just pouring truffle oil on virtually everything. Haha! To prove to you that I'm Iron Chef, here's a healthy recipe (vegetarian too) without truffle oil (shucks) that you can serve to your family and is super easy to make!

I have to admit that this is the first time I cooked this dish. It's a result of my meat cravings these days and whatever ingredients I found inside the ice box. I have to say, I even surprised myself on how this meal turned out! Yummy!


Crispy Tofu and Veggies in Soy Ginger Sauce


Watchunid:

EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
Himalayan pink salt
Pepper
Parsley (for garnish, optional)

Firm tofu (not soft or medium, OK?), sliced 1/2 an inch thick.
Baby Portobello mushrooms, sliced. You can use any mushrooms that is available.
Carrots, cut Julienne style. Again, you can use any vegetable that is in season. You can use cabbage, bell peppers, bean sprouts, broccoli or all!

Soy ginger sauce:

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup tamari or light soy sauce
  • 2 teaspoons minced ginger
  • a pinch of white pepper
  • sesame oil to taste (I used 1tbsp. for this recipe because I looove sesame oil!)
Preparation:
Combine all the ingredients. Serve as a dipping sauce or pour over tofu and veggies.


Step 1: Heat up the oil. Deep fry the tofu and season them with Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground pepper.
Tip: Make sure that the oil is smoking hot before you add the tofu.
Step 2: Set aside crispy tofu and drain the excess oil.
Step 3: In a separate pan, saute veggies in EVOO. Add 2 tbsp of the ginger sauce, salt, and pepper
Step 5: Plate the tofu and veggies gourmet style. Drizzle the soy ginger sauce on top of the tofu.
Step 6: Serve with a smile!:D
The perfect bite!


Shoppingero/shoppingera, what is your favorite sauce?

twitter.com/jenniepperson

3 comments:

whitedaffodil said...

Yay! Another recipe to try. Thanks for sharing. Pictures pa lang, winner na. My family loves tofu. :)

Unknown said...

Your food looks so tasty. It kinda of reminds me of what I normally make for dinner served with brown rice.

My favorite sauce is hoisin sauce. I add a little bit of it to add a kick of flavor. Sriracha is also good.

Unknown said...

Hmm..looks so yummy! i will try this recipe one time. I also love tofu, specially my favorite (tokwa at baboy) fried tofu and pork liempo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...